Pages

Sunday 16 July 2017

Common Misunderstanding


In my age when everybody is getting married and raving about kids either theirs or not, I'm sitting in my pajamas and playing some video games. I can't really fully comprehend why I need to get married  or immediately start thinking about having children because soon I will become too old and just won't be able to have any. Bullshit! With these technologies that we have now there are so many opportunities for lots and lots of couples to have kids and there's always an option of adopting a child.

Why am I writing all this you may ask? Recently, I have been struggling with some misunderstanding from my parents' side. My mum and my grandparents are absolutely convinced that a girl can only live with a guy in the same flat after getting through a process of marriage, which to me seems like a crazy thing in our modern world. Obviously, this is what a traditional outlook on marriage and love in general looks like and I honestly tried to understand that, but it just disagrees with my principles, with the way I see things to the extent that I sometimes want to isolate myself from these people who are actually the dearest to me.

In my point of view not getting married is absolutely fine now. A lot of people do that and a lot of people benefit from it. Firstly, it is a great way to check whether you and your partner have similar outlook on life and whether you both are able to reach a compromise on different mundane and routine things. Secondly, you won't have to go through a process of a divorce (and all that paperwork) if things go wrong, you just continue to exist separate ways. Lastly, you can lead a happy lifestyle just living together without any obligations to have kids which would have happened if you were married cos parents (and not only them) would keep asking you when you were planning to have a child and better soon! (A disclaimer: I'm absolutely not against having children but I believe that there is always its time for it)

So, what I'm trying to say here is that we should all have a choice and live our lives as we want it sometimes even having contradictions with our nearest and dearest. Don't let others stop your love from shining.
Love, Christina M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment