Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Deutschland (Part II)

Mannheim is a city in Baden-Wuertemberg (which is a 25-minutes drive from Frankfurt Airport).
So to say, Mannheim turned out to be the best place for me to live in. It has its own rhythm of life (like any other city duh I know) and it's not as big as Frankfurt or Cologne but still it's a charming one.   




Goethe Institut is not that far from the city centre which is Wasserturm and it looks like this. 

 There are loads of fountains in the centre with beautiful statues. Flowerbeds are all over the place and flower pots hanging on almost each window. 


The main reason why I like Mannheim is that I feel so calmed down when I'm walking down its streets. I've never had such an incredible feeling! It feels like home (although I don't feel like that when I'm in my hometown haha but I hope you understand what I mean). 
Near wasserturm there's a street which abounds in shops and fancy cafes and restaurants. I spent my last three days window-shopping (and actually shopping) for souvenirs for my friends and family. 
There is also a cinema there but unfortunately I didn't have a chance to go there (maybe next time). 
  
Uni of Mannheim is famous for its business faculty and it has a really nice Mensa (btw it is open only until 14.30! if I'm not mistaken).
 




The thing that one definitely shouldn't miss is Biergarten!  Once you try beer there you are hooked for life, I promise. I actually had no idea how to get there until someone showed the way.  So thanks a lot! We crossed the Neckar and here we were in front of the Biergarten. I honestly hated beer before I got there and it change my whole attitude towards drinking it. Now I know why Germans like it so much, cos' it's freaking tasty. 
The atmosphere there is amazing, it's like a proper german beer garden. Music, a good company and several glasses of beer will make your Abend there unforgettable! 





It was a chilled out evening that set the mood for all my Aufenthalt in Germany :) 

Love, Christina M.

No comments:

Post a Comment