Pages

Saturday 27 December 2014

December Recollections



Oh, December, why so inevitably fast?
Not much happened this month but still it was full of quality time spent with my friends and family. I went to see 'Interstellar' with a friend of mine and we both enjoyed it to all our hearts' content. I actually like the concept of the world's existence shared in the film, it might be true. Well, at least it made me think of it for good 2 weeks after seeing it. Anyway, the film is worth seeing especially if you, like me, torment your friends asking why? who? and what for? questions trying to figure out what is the main point of human being existance on this planet.
This month as all three previous ones I've been trying to prepare myself for IELTS. I took one sample test at home concerning Listening and Reading ( the sections that I can actually take on my own and correct the mistakes I made) and I got something around 7.0 for Listening and 7.5 for Reading. I don't know how much effort I should put into preparation to get at least 8.0 in all the sections. I was thinking of getting help from a tutor and maybe it's a good idea. Well, I'll soon see.
I don't remember mentioning that I'm writing a short story which is almost autobiographical and I can hardly imagine even putting it online or showing it to my closest friends. It deals with commiting feelings to the paper and letting everybody know what you really feel inside. It scares me a lot. Even a scarce thought of it. I'd once promised to myself that I'd never regret anything that happened in my life but I broke my promise the very day I couldn't properly express my feelings and was trying to subdue them when it was the first and the last time I was able to tell the truth. So, I missed it.
I don't want to end this blogpost on such a sad note. I'd rather tell you something different. Tomorrow my university friends and I are going to celebrate Christmas and pre-New Year and I am really looking forward to that as it's probably the last pre-New Year we're spending together. There's going to be lots of champagne, sushi, cakes, smiles and laughter.
Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year, let your wishes be fulfilled by that effort you put into them coming true.
Love, Christina M.               

No comments:

Post a Comment